PLAYER PROFILE: MARIA BELL

 


The first in a series of player profiles where we get to know members of the Shifnal Town Ladies.

Starting with Captain Meria Bell, The Midfielder has played for Shifnal Town Ladies for about 4 years where she was playing for Wrockwardine wood before they changed to Shifnal.




Maria has proven to be a true leader on the pitch and a key player to the Ladies team. She was awarded the captain's armband 3 seasons ago. 

When asked how she felt when first getting asked to captain the Shifnal Ladies, She said: "Playing for Shifnal is like having another family! I got asked to be Captain 3 years ago, It felt amazing to become Captain for Shifnal, and I was keen to prove I was a true leader". 

Shifnal Ladies currently sit 2nd in the division one-north league and have had a very strong start to the season so far, But she says the club has so much more to give.

"We are definitely still growing as a team, we have come across some challenges but always getting past them and I still feel we have so much more to give"

When asked if she has any personal goals for the season:

"I personally don’t have any goals I just want to win everything we can as a team, it would be nice to add a few more goals to my game but if I don’t and the team wins I’ll be happy with that".

Finally, when asked who inspired her whilst growing up, she replied:

"I would honestly say my brother and sister when I was young they were always going out on the Field and having little kick about. But what inspires me now is seeing women’s football growing and also getting shown more on tv and seeing more young ladies playing, when I started playing football it was hard to find a full team and just playing with 9 players on the pitch so it’s nice to see more ladies and young teams out there.

You can watch Maria Bell and the Shifnal Town Ladies team take on Walsall Ladies at the Rushall Olympic FC Stadium on Sunday 26th September (Kick-off 2pm)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shifnal Town Ladies support Her Game Too

Ashley Griffiths joins Shifnal Town Ladies as Social Media Manager and Club Photographer.

Boddison turns down move to local rivals Shrewsbury Town