The possible return of Shifnal Ladies player Kayleigh Harrison.

 

@grifftersworld




The possible return of Shifnal Ladies player Kayleigh Harrison.


A few weeks ago we announced that Kayleigh Harrison would not be playing for the Shifnal Ladies next season. Since then some good news has come back to us of the possible return to football for Kayleigh. 

We managed to catch up with Kayleigh and ask her a few questions. 


What made you want to hang up your boots this season?


I decided to hang my boots up this year because... I had lost someone very important to me during Covid-19 like many other families... I just sank into a very dark place, I felt lost especially when I stepped onto the pitch etc... Confidence and the love I have for the sport went with it.
But I realised people are going through much worse than me but everybody deals with grief in their own way.


I hear a lot about Shifnal Ladies being like a family how did it feel to you?


Yes exactly the same for me, no matter what happens they always stick together as a team.


What is your best memory playing for Shifnal Ladies?


Best memory playing for Shifnal ladies has got to be scoring a banger just past the halfway line lobbing the keeper in my 1st season back with them... (if I remember correctly)


Rumours have it you may be making a comeback this season after all. Are the rumours true and are you looking forward to it?


Yes, I'd like to make a comeback but... This time with focus, a clear mindset, and with confidence.


How was your relationship with the players and staff at Shifnal?


My relationship with the players well... I've kinda grown up with most of them through my footballing years.
I've always got on with each and every one of them, the staff always a pleasure at Shifnal but I will always respect Mark as he's always shown belief in me and would always push me, the same as the rest of the ladies.


Anything else you would like to say to the team?


Last, of all, I'd just like to say to the ladies at Shifnal I miss playing football with you all.

Could Kayleigh really be making a comeback to the Shifnal Ladies? I'm sure the team would love to welcome her back with open arms. 

Only time will tell but let's hope she does.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shifnal Town Ladies support Her Game Too

Ashley Griffiths joins Shifnal Town Ladies as Social Media Manager and Club Photographer.

Boddison turns down move to local rivals Shrewsbury Town