Sophie Lloyd Speaks about being called up to the Shifnal Town Ladies first team.

 Sophie Lloyd Speaks about being called up to the Shifnal Town Ladies first team and how she is developing her game to become a key member of the team.


@Grifftersworld


Sophie Lloyd, Striker and no.2 Goalkeeper came through the Shifnal Academy to getting her call up to first-team football.

Sophie was a key player in the Shifnal Town Ladies Under 17s and got her chance to play for the Ladies first team after a number of excellent performances.


On how it feels to be called up to play in the Ladies first team?

"To be called up to play for the Shifnal Town ladies first team for me was a massive achievement. 

I feel extremely privileged to be even training with the team let alone going to games with them. 

The ladies were extremely welcoming when I first started training with them and it helped me settle into the team a lot more due to me being the youngest player on the squad"


On what's most important to you as a football player?

"The most important thing to me as a footballer is to enjoy playing football, but not just that enjoy doing it with my team. 

When I am playing football I always feel like I have to play at my very best, not just for myself but for my team.  

If I am training or playing a football game when I am around my team I am giving 110% as it helps the rest of my team as the positive energy and hard work may rub off on them all. 

I play by the motto or try my very best to there is no I in Team".


On what are the most important factors that you are concentrating on in each training session/game?

"The factors I try to focus on in training and games are to focus on my weaknesses.

It can help develop me into becoming a better player as nobody is perfect we always have things to work on. 

So by improving things I am not so good at it allows me to improve my training and game performance which will not just help me it will be able to help my whole team which is what I always strive to do".


Sophie Lloyd has shown great promise and her performances continue to improve as she develops to become a key player for the Shifnal Town Ladies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shifnal Town Ladies support Her Game Too

Ashley Griffiths joins Shifnal Town Ladies as Social Media Manager and Club Photographer.

Boddison turns down move to local rivals Shrewsbury Town